Quick launch summary
We’re launching a new Priority page in Drive as a new way to help you stay focused and get work done. This page will help you access the files you need through a combination of suggestions and workspaces. With the new Priority page, not only are the most relevant files served up to you, but you can take action on them, as well as sort them into workspaces.
We hope this makes accessing your most important files easier and helps you work more efficiently.
You can access the Priority page from the left-hand navigation panel in Drive. Some features you’ll see on the Priority page include:
- Here you’ll see the documents we think are most relevant to you right now. These machine-learning-powered suggestions are based on various signals from your activity. On each suggested document, you can also take actions in line, without navigating to the doc in question, like replying to a comment or reviewing recent edits.
- In Workspaces, you’ll be able to see intelligent suggestions of related content to group together for easier access— like multiple files related to the same project.
- You can also create your own personalized Workspaces collecting any files you have access to, including content stored in your My Drive and various Team Drives.
- Right-click on any file and select Add to Workspace to dynamically group files as you work.
If users would like to make Priority their default home page, they can do so in their settings, which is accessible via the gear icon in the upper righthand corner.
- Rapid Release domains: Extended Rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on March 18, 2019.
- Scheduled Release domains: Extended Rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on April 1, 2019.
G Suite editions
- Available to G Suite Basic, G Suite Business, and G Suite Enterprise.
- Coming soon for G Suite for Education, G Suite Enterprise for Education, and G Suite for Nonprofits.
On/off by default?
- This feature will be ON by default.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches