It’s now easier to set up and manage desk phones with Google Voice. Specifically, you can now use the Admin console to:
- See all desk phones in your organization, including the model, phone status, assigned user, and more.
- Provision a Polycom VVX x50 OBi Edition device to a specific user in just a few clicks. When you provision a phone, the user’s number will be assigned to the phone after an automatic update.
Use our Help Center to find out more and watch a brief video about how to set up desk phones with Google Voice.
Admins and end users
Why you’d use it
While Google Voice gives you the flexibility to use your work phone number on any device, there may be times when a desk phone is preferred or helps ease the transition from a legacy telephony system to Google Voice.
How to get started
- Admins: Use our Help Center to see how to provision a desk phone for Voice.
- End users: Once a desk phone has been set up for you by an admin, see how to use a desk phone with Voice.
- Rapid Release domains: Full rollout (1-3 days for feature visibility) starting on May 23, 2019.
- Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1-3 days for feature visibility) starting on May 23, 2019.
Google Voice subscriptions
- Available to Google Voice Standard and Google Voice Premier subscriptions.
- Not available to Google Voice Starter subscriptions.
On/off by default?
- This feature will be OFF by default.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches