We’re making some changes to the Directory Settings section of the Admin console. You can use Directory settings to control which parts of the company user directory end users can change for themselves, and what directory information is visible to which users.
Now you’ll see a new card-based interface with three sections when you go to Admin console > Directory > Directory settings:
- Sharing settings: Set defaults for what contact information is shown to users within your domain and with external apps and APIs.
- Profile editing: Select what personal info (name, photo, etc.) and work info (job title, working location etc) users can change.
- Visibility settings: Choose what directory information is visible to different users.
When you click on to the sharing settings and visibility settings sections, you may also notice similar user interface updates that you see on the directory settings landing page – a card-based interface with more visible information about the settings.
See more details and images below.
Why you’d use it
The new design has an updated card-based interface, which will make it easier to see where to go to change specific settings, and quicker to confirm that the settings are configured correctly. We hope this will save you time and reduce your clicks.
How to get started
- Admins: See the changes at Admin console > Directory > Directory settings. Use our Help Center to learn more about how to manage the Directory for your organization.
- End users: No action needed.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on October 23, 2019.
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on October 23, 2019.
G Suite editions
Available to all G Suite editions.
On/off by default?
These settings will be the same as your current settings for the features in the Admin console, but will be updated to show in the new interface. Settings can be controlled at the OU level.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches