Last year, we introduced Smart Compose for Gmail, a feature that uses artificial intelligence to help you draft emails faster. We’re now bringing Smart Compose to Google Docs with a new beta. This feature is available on the web.
Admins and end users
Why you’d use it
Smart Compose helps you compose high-quality content in Google Docs faster and more easily. It saves you time by cutting back on repetitive writing, helps reduce the chance of spelling and grammatical errors, and can suggest relevant contextual phrases.
How to get started
- Admins: Sign up for the Smart Compose for Google Docs beta.
- End users: Once your domain is whitelisted into the beta, you’ll see Smart Compose suggestions as you type. When you see a suggestion you like, press “tab” or right click on your cursor to use it. To turn off Smart Compose, go to Tools > Preferences and uncheck “Show Smart Compose Suggestions”.
Note that this beta will only be available in English.
- Beta sign-up form for Smart Compose in Google Docs
- Cloud Blog: Introducing new assistive features in G Suite to help businesses focus on what matters
- G Suite Updates Blog: Smart Compose in Gmail now available for G Suite
G Suite editions
- Available to all G Suite editions
- Not available to personal Google Accounts
On/off by default?
- Once your domain has been accepted into the beta, this feature will be ON by default and can be disabled by the user.
- End users can turn off Smart Compose by going to Tools > Preferences and unchecking “Show Smart Compose Suggestions”.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches