We’re combining the Gmail photo with the Google account profile photo for G Suite users. Now, when you go to change this setting in Gmail, you’ll be directed to the “About me” section of your Google profile settings to set your profile picture.
Admins and end users
Why you’d use it
Currently, profile pictures set in Gmail are only displayed in Gmail. This means your profile picture in Gmail may be different than your Google account profile photo, which can make it difficult to know which picture will be displayed where. This change simplifies things by allowing you to set a single profile picture in one place and then displaying that single photo across all Google apps.
How to get started
- Admins: No action required. For more information on letting users change their photo and profile information, see this article in the Help Center.
- End users: When you visit Settings > General > My Picture in Gmail on the web, you’ll be directed to change your picture in the “About me” section of your Google profile settings.
- If your Gmail and profile photos are currently different, and you have permission to edit your photo, you’ll see a pop-up when you visit your About me settings which will prompt you to select one of the images or choose an entirely new photo.
- Available to all G Suite editions
- This feature will be ON by default.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches