We’re updating the creation flow for meetings in Calendar to help you save time with an easier way to schedule.
You’ll see several changes when creating a meeting such as:
- Peek at calendars and automatically add guests: Now, when you add a calendar in the “Search for people” box, you can temporarily view coworkers’ calendars. Creating a new event then automatically adds those people as guests to your meeting and might suggest a title for the meeting.
- More fields in the creation pop-up dialog: The Guests, Rooms, Location, Conferencing, and Description fields are now editable directly in the meeting creation pop-up dialog. Once you add your coworkers’ calendars, they’ll load right in the background, making it even easier and faster to find an available time for everyone.
Why you’d use it
People-first scheduling makes it quick and easy to find time with others. You can add rooms, a location, a video conference and add a meeting description without having to click into “More options.”
How to get started
- Admins: No action required.
- End users: No action required. This new creation flow will automatically appear in Calendar on the web.
- Rapid Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on April 16, 2019
- Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on April 29, 2019
G Suite editions
Available to all G Suite editions
On/off by default?
This feature will be ON by default.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches