Before publishing changes to your new Google Sites, you can now compare the currently published site with the soon-to-be-published draft site in an annotated, side-by-side view.
Why you’d use it
When a site has multiple collaborators or many pages of content, it’s sometimes difficult to track what changes have been made and to review and evaluate updated content. With ’Review changes and publish’, you can easily examine changes made to a draft site since it was last published.
Changes are displayed in an annotated, side-by-side visual comparison. For example, you’ll see:
- Who most recently changed each page and when
- Pages that have been added, moved, or deleted
- Page content and layouts that have been changed
- Other site-wide changes such as footer and title, theme, and navigation changes
With more complete information, you can confidently publish your content, or return to your draft site to make further revisions before publishing.
How to get started
- Admins: No action required.
- End users: Use our Help Center to learn more about reviewing the latest changes to your site.
- Available to all G Suite editions
- This feature will be ON by default and can be disabled on a per site basis.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches