We’re starting the G Suite Marketplace (GSM) security assessment program, which will enable developers to optionally submit their GSM apps for review by a third-party security firm. The assessment includes penetration tests, a deployment review, and a policy and procedure review. Apps that pass the security assessment will display a security badge on their Marketplace listing.
You may notice:
- A “Security Assessment’ badge on marketplace listings.
- A “Security Assessment” badge on app detail pages.
- A “Security Assessment” section on the app detail page.
We’re opening the program for developer submissions now. Monitor the G Suite Updates blog for ongoing updates on the program. Find out more about the security assessment program here.
Admins and end users
Why you’d use it
By highlighting apps that have been assessed to meet certain security standards, we hope it will be easier for you to find apps that may meet your specific organizational policies. This means you can more quickly identify and assess apps that you can whitelist for your users to help them be productive.
How to get started
- Admins: Find out more about the program and what to look for here.
- End users: No action needed
- The G Suite Marketplace
- GSM Security Assessment Program overview
- Help Center: Control user installation of Marketplace apps
Stay up to date with G Suite launches