We’re updating the user interface for comments and action items in the Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides apps for iOS. These improvements include:
- Larger, clearer interface to make it easier to see comments and their context in a document.
- Shortcuts and gestures to help you quickly scroll through and respond to multiple comments.
- Quick access button to reply, “@” mention someone, and assign action items.
These updates were previously made available on the Docs, Sheets, and Slides Android apps; they’re now rolling out to the Drive Android app and the Docs, Sheets, and Slides iOS apps.
They’ll be made available on the Drive iOS app in the future. See below for more details on the rollout.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: This feature will be automatically available. To get started, tap on a comment when using the Docs, Sheets, or Slides app on an iOS device. Visit the Help Center to learn more about using comments and action items on iOS devices.
Docs, Sheets, and Slides on iOS
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: This feature is available with the latest version of the Docs, Sheets, and Slides iOS apps.
Drive Android app
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: This feature is available with the latest version of the Drive Android app.
Drive iOS app
- Stay tuned to the Workspace Updates blog for information on when this will launch to iOS devices.
- Available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus, as well as G Suite Basic, Business, Education, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofits customers
- Google Help: Use comments & action items