We’ve made it simpler to add images inside of cells in Google Sheets. Previously, it was only possible to insert publicly hosted images into a cell using the IMAGE function.
Now, you can insert any image, like those saved on your desktop or mobile device, into a cell by using the IMAGE function or the new option found inside the Insert menu.
Why you’d use it
- You’ve told us this feature would be helpful for many tasks like:
- Adding receipts to expense-tracking spreadsheets
- Adding icons to icon libraries
- Adding logos to better brand your resources
- Adding product images to inventory lists, and more.
How to get started
- Admins: No action needed.
- End users: You can add images directly to cells in two ways on Desktop:
- Use the IMAGE() function
- Via the menu bar at the top of a Sheet: Insert > Image > Image in cell
- Select image from Drive or upload one.
- On Mobile:
- Tap once on a cell to select
- Tap again to bring up menu: Insert > Tap the “+” at the top of the screen > Image > Image in cell
- Select an image from the options presented to you.
- Available to all G Suite Editions.
- This feature will be ON by default