Quick launch summary
It’s now easier for users of assistive technologies, like screen readers and Braille displays, to keep track of real-time updates made by collaborators in a document. With live edits, you can view a periodically updated summary of collaborator changes in a convenient sidebar. In Google Docs we believe that collaboration works best when it works for everyone.
To see live edits, open the Accessibility settings by going to Tools > Accessibility settings and check “Turn on screen reader support.” Then, select “Show live edits” from the Accessibility menu. To learn more, see this article in our Help Center.
- Help Center: Collaborate and comment with a screen reader
- Help Center: Keyboard shortcuts for Google Docs
- Help Center: Accessibility for Docs editors
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on August 20, 2019
- Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1-3 days for feature visibility) starting on September 10, 2019
- Available to all G Suite editions.
- This feature will be available by default and can be enabled in the settings of Google Docs.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches