We’re making some updates to the alert center for G Suite. The new features will make it easier to find, collaborate, and take action on potential issues within your domain. Specifically you can now:
- Assign alerts to other team members or yourself
- Manage and track alert workflow status
- Prioritize alert triage and investigations by severity
- See related alerts for the same user
- Add new search attributes
- See alert change history
- Find and manage alerts more easily
Some of the updates were previously available in beta and are now generally available. Read more about these changes below.
Why you’d use it
The alert center already provides a single place to see notifications about potential issues within your domain and take action to resolve the issues. We hope these enhancements will make it easier to use the alert center, make it easier to find important and actionable alerts, and improve collaboration between admins and related teams.
How to get started
- Admins: Use our Help Center to find out more about how to use the alert center.
- End users: No action needed
- Set status, assignee, and severity of alerts: Add key information to help your team take ownership of, assess, and collaborate as you work through security investigations.
- Use a more powerful search: Find alerts more easily by searching for alerts that contain a specific email address when researching an incident.
- See related alerts: The alert detail view will show other alerts related to the same actor or user to help discover possible related security incidents.
- See alert change history: See the history of metadata or content updates to that alert. This includes when status, assignee, or severities have changed.
- Find and manage alerts more easily: Bookmark specific alert URLs, bulk delete alerts, and sort alerts by factors such as last updated time.
- Beta announcement: New alert management and collaboration features in the alert center beta
- Help Center: About the alert center
- Rapid Release domains: Full rollout (1-3 days for feature visibility starting on August 27, 2019
- Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1-3 days for feature visibility starting on August 27, 2019
G Suite editions
Available to all G Suite editions
On/off by default?
This feature will be ON by default
Stay up to date with G Suite launches