Quick launch summary
We’re adding a new setting for Google Workspace for Education Plus (formerly G Suite for Education) admins that will enable Google Meet recording capabilities for users with Education Plus student licenses. Student licenses are available to customers who purchased Education Plus for their staff.
- Admins: This feature will be OFF by default and can be enabled at the domain, OU, or group level. Visit the Help Center to learn more about enabling Google Meet recording capabilities for your users.
- End users: When enabled by their admin, students will be able to record a video meeting.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on March 8, 2021
- Available to Google Workspace Education Plus (formerly G Suite for Education) Customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Fundamentals and Nonprofits, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers