We’re announcing G Suite Add-ons, a new cross-suite platform that connects G Suite to your favorite workplace apps, in a beta program.
Last year we announced a new feature that gives users quick access to Calendar, Hangouts, and Keep from an embedded side panel in G Suite. Today we’re announcing that the side panel is now open for third-party developers.
Admins and end users
Why you’d use it
Add-ons help you complete tasks directly from the G Suite app you’re using, rather than needing to toggle from one app to another.
G Suite Add-ons also surface relevant information and suggest actions based on what you’re working on. For example, a salesperson can find customer info from their CRM tool while drafting a strategy in Docs, an engineer can add tasks to their project management app directly from Gmail, and a recruiter can consult their hiring pipeline while scheduling interviews in Calendar. Once enrolled in the beta, users in the domain will have access to new add-ons from Copper, Box, Workfront, Asana, Evernote, and Cisco, among others.
How to get started
- Admins: Express interest in the G Suite Add-ons beta. Once your organization joins the beta program, you can also install chosen G Suite Add-ons for your entire domain via the G Suite Marketplace.
- End users: Once your organization is in the beta program, you’ll be able to install G Suite Add-ons from the “+” button in the G Suite quick access side panel.The G Suite Add-ons you install will appear in the side panel across G Suite apps and help you complete entire workflows without the need to switch back and forth between multiple apps.
- Express interest in the G Suite Add-ons beta
- Help Center: Control user installation of Marketplace apps
G Suite editions
- All G Suite editions are welcome to apply to this program.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches