Quick launch summary
To help limit interruptions to your meeting, Google Meet can now intelligently filter out background noise like keyboard typing, doors opening and closing, and construction outside your window. Cloud-based AI is used to remove noise from your audio input while still letting your voice through.
We had previously announced this top-requested feature and are now beginning to roll it out to G Suite Enterprise and G Suite Enterprise for Education customers using Meet on the web. We will bring the feature to mobile users soon, and will announce on the G Suite Updates blog when it’s available.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: This feature is OFF by default. To turn Noise cancellation ON, use the settings menu. Visit our Help Center to learn more about how to filter out noise from your video conference on Google Meet.
- Now available to all web users in most countries.
- For users in Australia, Brazil, India, Japan, and New Zealand, extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on June 30, 2020.
- Not currently available in some countries (currently including South Africa, the UAE, and surrounding locales). See our Help Center for more availability details.
- Available to G Suite Enterprise, G Suite Enterprise for Education customers*
- Not available to G Suite Basic, G Suite Business, G Suite for Education, and G Suite for Nonprofits customers
- This feature was listed as an upcoming G Suite release.
*Availability in alternative packages is variable and based on your services.