We’re adding the ability for users to embed MP3 and WAV audio files from Drive into Slides.
Why you’d use it
How to get started
- Admins: No action required.
- End users: To insert an audio file into Slides:
- Insert > Audio and select from your audio files in Drive
- Hover over the icon to see playback controls
Once the audio file is inserted, you can find more audio settings by clicking “Format options” in the toolbar. From there, you can set playback options, volume, and looping. You can also hide the audio icon, or replace it with an image of your choice.
The ability to add an audio file into Slides is currently only available on desktop, though audio will play on all platforms.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on April 2, 2019.
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on April 18, 2019.
G Suite editions
- Available to all G Suite editions.
- This feature will be ON by default.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches