Quick launch summary
You can now configure the access permissions for an LDAP client by group. Previously, controls were only available at the organizational unit (OU) level.
LDAP clients are in the secure LDAP service, which enables users to access traditional LDAP-based apps and IT infrastructure using their G Suite credentials. This new feature allows you to allow or prevent specific groups of users from signing in to an application. This can help you make sure only appropriate users are able to access and use specific applications.
- Admins: You can add group-based controls to LDAP clients you have already configured, as well as any new clients you set up. Use our Help Center to learn more about how to add and connect new LDAP clients and configure access permissions for LDAP clients.
- End users: No end user impact.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on June 9, 2020
- G Suite Enterprise, G Suite for Education, G Suite Enterprise for Education, and Cloud Identity Premium customers
- Not available to G Suite Basic, G Suite Business, G Suite for Nonprofits, and Cloud Identity Free customers