We’re making support and learning resources easier to find in several G Suite apps. We’re doing this by adding a new quick-access button to some products, and changing the Help menu options in others. Specifically, you’ll see:
A new button in Gmail, Calendar, and Drive: A new ‘?’ support button next to the search bar at the top of Gmail, Calendar, and Drive on the web will provide quick access to a range of help and support content.
New menu options in Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides: The Help menu in Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides will have “Training” and “Updates” options added.
After this launch, users in all of these products will now have quick access to:
- Help: Which links to the relevant product Help Center.
- Training: Which links to the relevant product Learning Center.
- Updates: Info about recent product updates.
- Send feedback: Lets users provide direct product feedback.
Why you’d use it
We create and maintain a lot of resources, which can help users be more productive in G Suite. By making these resources easier to find, we hope users will be able to find answers to questions, discover new ways to work more efficiently, and see new features and product enhancements that will expand how they can use the products.
How to get started
- Admins: No action needed.
- End users:
- In Gmail, Calendar, and Drive, access the ‘?’ support button next to the search bar (see image below.)
- In any Docs, Sheets, or Slides file, access the Help menu for the new Training and Updates option (see image below).
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on April 2, 2019.
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on April 17, 2019.
G Suite editions
- Available to all G Suite editions.
On/off by default?
- This feature will be ON by default.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches