Quick launch summary
In Google Chat, you’ll now see suggested 1:1 chats based on current meetings on your Google Calendar. You’ll see the suggested conversation shortcut at the top of the Chat section in Gmail on mobile and web and in Google Chat on mobile. Suggested chats will appear at the top of the Chat section in Gmail on mobile.
The chat will be visible ten minutes prior to the 1:1 meeting and ten minutes after the meeting ends. We hope this feature makes it easier to share information and files before a meeting begins, let meeting attendees know you’re running late, or share quick follow-ups once a meeting has concluded.
- Admins: No action required.
- End users: There is no end user setting for this feature. Visit the Help Center to learn more about sending a chat message to a person or group.
Suggested chats will appear at the top of the Chat section in Gmail on mobile.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on March 15, 2021
- Available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Fundamentals, and Education Plus, as well as G Suite Basic, Business, and Nonprofits
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials customers or consumers with personal Google Accounts