Quick launch summary
Earlier this year we introduced a BETA for new grammar suggestions in Google Docs. Now we’re making this feature available for G Suite Basic, Business, and Enterprise users.
The new features enhance existing spell check functions and highlight possible grammatical errors in your text. We’re also introducing a revamped interface for reviewing spelling and grammar suggestions which makes it faster and easier to spot and correct errors in your text.
Some improvements you’ll see are:
- Possible grammar corrections will be underlined in blue. To see a suggested correction or dismiss the alert, simply right-click.
- You will also see possible grammar errors when running a spelling and grammar check through the Tools menu.
- New language review interface
- You can easily review all language suggestions for your document with the updated spelling and grammar check tool. Access it through the “Tools” menu or right-click on a suggestion and select “Review more suggestions” — you’ll see each suggestion and actions to correct any errors.
To learn more about how we’re using machine learning to recognize errors and suggest corrections to improve your writing, see here.
- Available to G Suite Basic, G Suite Business, G Suite Enterprise, and G Suite for Education.
- Not Available to G Suite Enterprise for Education, and G Suite for Nonprofits.