To help you find more information about someone you are interacting with on your mobile phone, you can now simply tap on their profile picture in Conversation View on Gmail on iOS to see their contact information in more detail. You’ll be able to see information such as:
- Their email address
- Their phone number
- Interactions such as emails and Calendar invitations
Why you’d use it
Gmail iOS recently launched a brand new mobile redesign, which provided Gmail users with a new look and feel to help you get things done faster. This new redesign also highlights the importance of avatars, and how many users use these to find more information about people they are interacting with.
How to get started
- Admins: No action required.
- End users: In Conversation View on Gmail on iOS, simply tap on someone’s profile picture to see their contact information in more detail.
If your organization enters information such as office location and reporting chain in users’ profiles, you’ll also be able to see this information when you click on their profile picture.
Pro Tip: if you are trying to find an upcoming meeting with someone in your organization, the Interactions tab will show you upcoming Calendar events too.
- Rapid Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on April 4, 2019
- Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on April 4, 2019
G Suite editions
Available to all G Suite editions
On/off by default?
This feature will be ON by default.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches