To help our customers more easily implement security controls, we will start providing recommended data loss prevention (DLP) rules personalized for your organization. These recommendations are based on the results of your data protection insights report and any rules you’ve already implemented, and will be surfaced in the admin console.
Each rule that DLP recommends is a fully realized, ready-to-use rule that is preconfigured to warn users on sharing sensitive data. You can use the rules as they are, or edit the rules to customize them for your organization. The rules will only be enforced when you choose to activate them.
Why it’s important
Protecting your company’s confidential data is critical. DLP rules can give you control over what users can share, and helps prevent the unintended exposure of sensitive information. Your data protection insights report can help identify priority areas to address, but creating, testing, and implementing rules can be time consuming.
By generating fully realized, ready-to-use rules recommended based on your organization’s specific situation, we aim to make it easier to add controls and help protect sensitive information within your organization.
The DLP rule performance charts can help you understand rule performance so you can make any necessary adjustments, and help identify where additional investigation is needed, with one-click integration to the investigation tool where available.
See recommended rules at Admin console > Security > Data protection
- To see the recommended rules, go to Admin Console > Security > Data Protection. To view the data protection insights report you must be a DLP admin or an admin that received an email invitation to view the report.
- Rule suggestions will be enabled by default for all organizations with data protection insights report, but rules will not be enforced unless you choose to activate them. Recommended rules will not be available if data protection insights reports are turned off.
- Visit our Help Center to learn more about how to prevent data leaks with DLP recommended rules.
- End users: No end user impact.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility)] starting on March 15, 2020.
- Available to Google Workspace Enterprise Standard and Enterprise Plus customers.
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Education Fundamentals, Education Plus, and Nonprofits, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers