To provide admins better tools to improve the overall performance of their Hangouts Meet devices, we’ve introduced a new set of actionable alerts when issues with peripherals are detected. We’ve also made the alerts for detected connectivity/network issues actionable with richer information and direct access to the device information page. New information in the alerts include:
- Device name
- Alert id (identical for open and close alerts)
- Issue type (Connectivity or Peripheral)
- Issue (Offline, Missing microphone, Missing camera, etc)
- Issue opened timestamp
- Issue closed timestamp (if closed)
- Asset location (from the assigned calendar)
- Annotated location (if set for the device)
- Asset id (if set for the device)
- Serial number
- Direct link to the device page in Google Admin console
Example alerts — email
Example alert — text message
For text message, alerting is only sent out when an issue is detected, not on close.
Why you’d use it
The improved alerts provide additional information to help admins proactively manage their network and devices for improved availability and end-user experience.
How to get started
- Admins: To enable the Hangouts Meet hardware alerts:
- In the Admin console, go to Devices > Google meeting room hardware > Settings and policies
- Select the organization for which you want to change the settings for alerts
- Enter contact details — email(s) and/or mobile phone number(s)
- Select delivery methods for connectivity status alerts and peripheral alerts: Click Save to apply the settings
- End users: No action required
Both alert types are optional and delivery can be enabled individually by email and/or text message (SMS) (US/Canada numbers only). The email format is intended for easy integration with automated ticketing systems.
- Rapid Release domains: Fully rolled out to all domains.
- Scheduled Release domains: Fully rolled out to all domains.
G Suite editions
- Available to all G Suite Editions.
On/off by default?
- This feature will be OFF by default.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches