We’re making some improvements to the alert center for G Suite. Specifically we’re:
- Moving the location of alert management for predefined admin alerts in the Admin console to the system defined rules section.
- Adding optional email notifications for more alerts.
Why you’d use it
We hope that this will help you identify and take action to resolve potential issues affecting your domain. To get the most out of the alert center, you could also sign up for our recently announced beta, which will help you collaborate and track the status of alerts within your domain, as well as triage faster with insights from related alerts.
How to get started
- To see predefined admin alerts, go to Admin console > Security > Alert center > Settings (gear icon), or directly access the new System defined rules section.
- Use our Help Center to find out how to set up and configure administrator email alerts.
- End users: No action needed.
Moving alert management location
- The alert management controls for predefined alerts could previously be found at Admin console > Reporting > Alerts. They will now be at Admin console > Security > Alert center > Settings (gear icon).
- These predefined admin alerts include:
- User granted Admin privilege
- New user added
- Email settings changed
- And other administrator email alerts
- There will be no change to any settings (whether email alerts are on or off, or the email subscriber list for any alerts) or the content of the alerts. We’re just moving where you should go to manage them. There will also be no change to the location of custom alerts. For the moment, they will still be at Admin console > Reporting > Alerts.
Email notification options for more alerts
- We’re adding an option to get email notifications for several existing alerts that previously didn’t have the option to receive emails.
- These alerts include:
- Domain data export initiated
- Phishing message detected post-delivery
- Spike in user-reported spam, and others
- For each alert, you can choose whether to turn them on or off, and to specify which email address the alerts should go to.
- The email alerts will be on by default. To change or turn off email alerts, they can be adjusted at Admin console > Security > Alert center (gear icon), or directly access the new System defined rules section.
- Help Center: About the Alert Center
- Help Center: Turn Alert Center alerts on or off
- Help Center: Configure Alert Center email configurations
- Admin console: Access System defined rules section
- Sign up page for Alert Center beta
- Rapid Release domains: These features are already available for all domains.
- Scheduled Release domains: These features are already available for all domains.
G Suite editions
Available to all G Suite editions.
On/off by default?
These features will be ON by default.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches