Quick launch summary
We’re making two improvements which will make Access Transparency logs more useful for G Suite admins. Specifically you can now:
- Choose to receive email alerts when specific Access Transparency logs are created.
- See any support ticket numbers associated with requests in the Audit log report.
Access Transparency for G Suite provides more visibility into actions taken by Google staff related to your data. Learn more about how Access Transparency can help increase trust in cloud data security.
Access Transparency logs describe the affected resource, the time of the action, the reason for the action, and more. With this launch, you can create automated alerts to get notified via email when specified criteria related to Access Transparency are met and an associated log is created. To get started, create an alert based on the “Event Name = Access” filter.
- Admins: Email alerts will be OFF by default, support ticket information in the audit log will be ON by default. Learn more about Access Transparency logs, or how to set up alerts.
- End users: Feature is not visible to end users.
- This feature is available now for all users.
- Available to G Suite Enterprise and G Suite Enterprise for Education customers.
- Not available to G Suite Basic, G Suite Business, G Suite for Education, and G Suite for Nonprofits customers.
- This feature was listed as an upcoming G Suite release.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches