Last month, we made our advanced Google Meet video-conferencing capabilities available at no cost to all G Suite Basic, Business, Education, and Nonprofit customers. We’re extending that availability to September 30, 2020, to ensure businesses, organizations, and educators continue their work during this crisis. See our previous post for more details on these features.
In addition, we’re dropping “Hangouts” from the Google Meet name. You’ll start to see this change reflected in the product and across resources over the next few weeks.
Admins and end users
Why it’s important
We hope this extension makes it easier for our customers to operate during this crisis. We also recognize that as work and learning are increasingly done from a distance, maintaining security and control across your organization is all the more critical. Check out our post on the G Suite blog to learn more about how Google Meet keeps your organization’s information safe.
- G Suite Basic, Business, and Nonprofit customers: These advanced features are OFF by default and can be enabled at the domain, OU, or group level.
- G Suite for Education customers: These advanced features are OFF by default and can be enabled at the domain, OU, or group level. Please see our FAQ in the Help Center for additional education-specific considerations when enabling Meet and these features.
- G Suite Enterprise and Enterprise for Education customers: These features are already available in your domain and will continue to respect your current settings.
- Free access to advanced features is available now to all G Suite customers.
- Available to all G Suite customers.
- G Suite Admin Help: Manage meet video meeting settings
- G Suite Learning Center: Hangouts Meet training and help
- G Suite Learning Center: Hangouts Meet cheat sheet
- Google Help: Live stream a video meeting
- Google Help: Record a video meeting
- Cloud Blog: Helping businesses and schools stay connected in response to Coronavirus
- Google Cloud Security Blog: Secure connections: How Google Meet keeps your video conferences protected