On December 14, 2020, Google Workspace admins will begin seeing a new control for AppSheet in the Additional Google services section of the Admin console.
AppSheet is available to all Google Workspace customers; this new setting simply gives admins the ability to enable or disable user access to AppSheet at the domain, organizational unit (OU), group, or level.
Why you’d use it
AppSheet allows users to maximize the power of Google Workspace by building custom applications on top of Workspace applications and other services and applications in their environment, all without writing any code.
Read more about using AppSheet to build solutions for your workflows.
If your users are already using AppSheet, turning the additional service off will disable access for all app creators and users, and will stop applications from running.
To find out who in your organization is using AppSheet, use the Token Audit Log in the Admin console at Reports > Audit Log > Token. Select “+ Add a filter” and choose “Application name,” then enter “AppSheet”. You’ll then see a list of users in your organization who have used AppSheet.
Visit the Help Center to learn more about using AppSheet in your organization.
- Admins: In the Admin console, go to Apps > Additional Google services > Settings for AppSheet. There, you can enable or disable AppSheet for your entire organization or specific OUs, groups, or users. Visit the Help Center to learn more about turning AppSheet on or off for your organization.
- End users: There is no end user setting for this feature. Visit the AppSheet Help Center to learn more about getting started with AppSheet.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on December 14, 2020
- Available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus, as well as G Suite Basic, Business, Education, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofits customers
- Google Workspace Admin Help: Use AppSheet in your organization
- Google Workspace Admin Help: How the organizational structure works
- Google Workspace Admin Help: Customize access to Google Workspace services using access groups
- Cloud Blog: Introducing Google Workspace
- Cloud Blog: Google acquires AppSheet to help businesses create and extend applications—without coding